Volunteer with us today!
As an equal opportunity employer, Center for Democracy and Development, The Gambia (CDDG), bring together different experts who put their talents and skills to move our country forward. To make a difference, join our dedicated team now through the following open positions.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Campaign Managers who will collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to plan, design and implement marketing campaigns and events.
• Assist in hiring and training talent for the successful implementation of marketing campaigns.
• Monitor campaigns, manage spending, create schedules and work with others who directly report to the Director of Programs.
• Manage campaigns in digital, TV and print media, among others.
• Ensure marketing campaigns achieve their objectives.
• Collaborate with the Outreach Coordinator to create, execute and monitor the performance of campaigns and provide all the resources required to meet the organization’s outreach targets.
• Create integrated marketing campaigns based on market segments to gain a wide coverage of the organization’s activities.
• Supervise the execution, monitoring and measurement of marketing campaigns and their success
• Ensure campaign implementation follows organizational guidelines
• Compile regular reports of campaign performance and results
• Improve new campaigns using data and feedback from existing and previous projects
• Help in organizing events including writing and proofreading marketing copy, as well as recruiting designers, animators and printers.
• Have excellent communication and project management skills, an in-depth understanding of current marketing technologies and trends, relevant working experience and project management skills.
• Requires being an excellent communicator, leader and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Digital marketing, Business or related fields
• 2-3 years of related job experience preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• In-depth knowledge of running B2B and B2C campaigns is desired.
• A good understanding of current marketing trends.
We are searching for an experienced Fundraising and Grants Manager with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The individual will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met.
Additionally, the person will provide leadership and direction for programs funded by our donors; oversee the financial administration of the grants; ensure that program staffs accomplish their approved program initiatives and that they meet compliance and reporting requirements. Assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Development and Finance Director.
To be successful as the person should stay informed on marketing strategies, and be comfortable doing research on different sectors. You should also be well organized, proactive, and have the ability to inspire those around you.
Conduct research on fundraising opportunities.
Write, submit and upload press releases as required.
Write funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
Prepare quarterly budgets.
Come up with ingenious ways to raise awareness.
Implement a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
Organize and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
Establish good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media.
Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audits conducted by grantor.
Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures.
Serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding grants.
Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
Assign certain grants and/or related responsibilities to individual budget analysts and coordinate their activities related to the grants assigned.
Assist in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs.
Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
Perform related work as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Relations, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a Master's degree).
• Two-three years of fundraising experience.
• Previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable.
• Sound knowledge of the charity sector.
• Experience managing a team.
• Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
• Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting.
• Proficient in the use of financial management software to include spreadsheets and databases, required.
• Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections; ability to interpret central and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration; ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards; ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of staff, both orally and in writing required.
We are seeking an experienced and analytical Development and Finance Director with strong numerical skills to drive our organization's financial operations and improve financial performance. Duties for the Finance Director will include supervising accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing fund-raising strategies, engaging with investors, developing financial strategy, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance.
As the Development and Financial Director, the individual will also oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
The person hired for this role will also set and achieve fundraising goals, maintain knowledge of fundraisers' interests, and cultivate relationships with fellow employees and volunteers. You will be an active participant in fundraising events, undertake vision trips and maintain a social media presence. The successful applicant will build lasting relationships with donors, and keep them informed on how their financial input is making the world a better place. Preferred candidates will be self-motived, deadline-driven multitaskers.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The noteworthy Development and Finance Director should harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors.
• Direct financial planning and strategy.
• Analyze and reporting on financial performance.
• Oversee audit and tax functions.
• Develop and implementing accounting policies.
• Prepare forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
• Train accounting staff.
• Review departmental budgets.
• Assess, manage, and minimize risk.
• Analyze complex financial data.
• Manage internal controls.
• Collaborate with board of directors to create and implement fundraising plan.
• Collaborate with communications team to develop digital fundraising strategy.
• Furnish board with regular progress reports.
• Collaborate with network to identify and build relationships with new donors.
• Maintain relationships with existing sponsors.
• Obtain financial support from individuals and organizations.
• Manage fundraising and special events.
• Generate development materials such as grants and case statements.
• Manage the implementation of development software.
• Manage staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program
• Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
• Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
• Research donor relation programs at different relevant institutions.
• Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
• Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
• Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Non-profit Management or related field.
• 2+ years Business Development or Finance experience.
• Proficiency in accounting software.
• Financial management experience.
• Strong aptitude for math.
• Computer literacy.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
• Proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
• Proficient with social media platforms.
• Excellent understanding of best practices.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently.
We are seeking highly diligent, confident candidates with substantial management experience for this vacancy. The position comes with great responsibility, as the individual is accountable for public perception of our organization. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks, overseeing a team of diverse communications roles and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large.
The individual we are looking for should be skilled and results-driven in order to coordinate our various digital mediums and assist our company in reaching specific goals. The person will be tasked with analyzing user experience data, initiating digital projects, reporting on planned and current strategies, leading effective digital marketing strategies, and ensuring that projects are executed within budget. You will play a pivotal role in growing our organization, stakeholder base, and improve user experience.
Ideal candidates for this position should be innovative, and web and multimedia savvy. Ultimately, the outstanding individual should have a firm grasp of the various digital touch points, steer our organization's digital narrative, and drive highly effective digital campaigns.
• Develop a cohesive communications strategy.
• Assemble and overseeing a diversely skilled communications team.
• Crisis management and preemptive planning.
• Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness.
• Maintain an awareness of company risks and threats.
• Project a positive company image to the public.
• Manage media relations.
• Manage a communications budget.
• Ensure quality control of all information released.
• Evaluate and implement improvements on digital strategy.
• Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends.
• Optimize SEO.
• Create integrated and cost effective digital strategies.
• Drive value for the organization.
• Analyze and report on digital campaigns.
• Analyze customer and user data.
• Engage with stakeholders and management.
• Map out how digital assets will be optimized to meet our organizational goals.
• Define and action digital events.
• A degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field.
• Extensive list of media contacts.
• Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
• Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
• Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
• Strong and confident leadership.
• Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication Science or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of digital touch points.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Insightful and perceptive.
• Business knowledge.
• Deadline driven.
• Understanding of web analytics.
• Possess broad knowledge of best digital practices.
We are looking to hire a dedicated Grants Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Grants Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
• Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
• Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
• Identifying grant funding opportunities.
• Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
• Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Collaborating with Executive Director and Development and Finance Director to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
• Collaborating with Development and Finance Director to compile annual report.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
• In partnership with the Fundraising and Grants Manager, manage the grant proposal calendar.
• Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity; work with the Fundraising and Grants Manager to track donor reporting needs, deadlines, and action items.
• Work with the Director of Development to manage donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for grants. Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to guarantee continued funding.
• Work with the Development and Finance Director to maintain records of all corporate/foundation interactions e.g. grant agreements, report requirements or documentation of calls and meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields.
• 2 years of grant writing and development experience is an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with budgeting and budget development. Basic financial management skills.
• Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Advanced computer skills; database and/or Salesforce CRM experience is a plus.
• Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team; work well with diverse styles and personalities.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
We are looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor's degree is required.
• Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
• Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Creating and managing long-term goals.
• Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
• Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
• Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
• Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
• Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
• Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
• Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
• Analyzing program risks.
• Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
• Proven experience in program management.
• Proven stakeholder management skills.
• Proven experience managing a team.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Understanding of project management.
We seek an experienced and energetic professional who will lead our Politics Department to build and strengthen MDDG’s civic engagement and political program. The Director of Civic Engagement and Politics (Political Director) will work closely with our core partners to develop, fund, and execute rigorous political and civic engagement programs.
Major efforts included voter registration, independent expenditures on the Presidential and US Senate races, local candidates and several statewide and local ballot initiatives. The Political Director is responsible for coordinating these electoral programs and raising an ambitious budget for partners and a sophisticated centrally staffed Political Department.
The Director manages long-term strategic thinking about how MDDG and its partners can use political engagement to build sustainable power in historically marginalized communities.
A strong candidate will have significant experience managing staff, raising political money, developing political campaign strategies, and working with community-based organizations.
• Develop and strengthen MDDG’s Political Department, including identifying strategic opportunities for growth and success, as well as managing challenges;
• Oversee development of national political plan by working with Politics Team and country-based partners in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of voter engagement and political programs;
• Manage and provide strong leadership for the Politics Team, including effective supervision and development of staff;
• Raise resources to support the departmental budget and grow staff;
• Coordinate with other departments within the organizations to ensure that the political program aligns with MDDG’s broader strategy, particularly close coordination with issue campaign leads and organizing team.
• Represent MDDG in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and national partners;
• Manage the departmental budget;
• Raise and leverage relationships to support state partners’ political programs;
• Recruit and hire new staff for the Politics Team;
• Partner with the Communications Team to project externally MDDG’s political agenda and message;
• Manage MDDG’s Voting Rights & Democracy Program; and
• Provide high-level strategic advice to the Executive team on program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities.
• A demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice issues and understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate income families;
• At least 2 years’ experience in electoral, civic engagement, or political campaigns, with some relevant connection to community, labor, or other non-candidate politics;
• At least 3 years of management experience;
• Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders within progressive landscape;
• Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
• Experience managing large scale or statewide political or voter engagement campaigns;
• Experience developing or managing candidate endorsement process;
• Familiarity with political data, latest technologies, and best practices in the field;
• Independent and strong leader that is able to drive project and programs to completion in fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
• Experience working in diverse communities and with grassroots organizations;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Results-focused and organized;
• Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently; and
• Willing to have significant travel schedule
We are looking for a Legal Advisor/Analyst to be responsible for providing MDDG with legal advice and analysis. The responsibilities of a Legal Advisor/Analyst include drafting legal documents, structuring solutions for issues, and providing support in legal issues.
To be successful as a Legal Advisor/Analyst, you should possess excellent analytical, research and writing skills, the ability to make good judgments, and be able to work well within a team. Ultimately, the holder of this position should have strong communication skills, be able to manage a large workload with a tight deadline, and remain up-to-date with laws.
• Conducting legal analysis and researching legal matters.
• Providing advice on legal matters.
• Drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and briefing documents.
• Reviewing legal material.
• Formulating formalities regarding settlements of disputes.
• Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses.
• Decipher laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
• Assemble, proofread and amend drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
• Monitor, study and develop written summaries of anticipated and endorsed legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry standards, trade journals and other relevant publications.
• Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of documents.
• Synthesize and organize information, and create reference tools for easy use by the team.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for our teams seeking legal and regulatory support.
• Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
• All-purpose administrative duties i.e. responding to correspondence and answering telephone calls.
• Bachelor's degree in Law is required.
• Experience in the law field.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work long hours when needed.
• Analytical thinker with strong theoretical and research proficiencies.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents.
• Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
• Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and in conflict situations.
We are searching for a hardworking, talented and professional Outreach Coordinator to join our organization and maintain all outreach activities. You will represent MDDG and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase our visibility within the country.
To be a successful Outreach Coordinator, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You also need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. You should also be skilled in the use of institutional databases and research methods, as well as in handling administrative duties.
• Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including political and community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
• Handle public relations, such as developing strategic relationships, attending political parties’ events, and conducting informational presentations at universities and other tertiary institutions, elementary, junior and senior secondary schools, clubs, and civic groups.
• Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
• Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
• Schedule regular outreach exhibitions in the community and educate employees on community responsibility.
• Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of the fundraising plan.
• Oversee a professional donor management system.
• Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
• Develop press releases, brochures, and other marketing materials.
• Develop and maintaining the organization's website.
• Organize outreach events, including the sales, marketing, and planning, to promote the services of the organization and receive donations.
• Collect and analyze data on local demographics, develop results, and present the conclusions to the relevant departments.
• Advertise for, screen, and recruit volunteers, providing them with training and support, tracking their performance, and keeping records of their activities.
• Create activities to supplement and support staff needs.
• Verify the volunteers' availability, receiving their feedback, recognizing their efforts, and answering their questions.
• Perform administrative duties, such as overseeing mailings, organizing travel, monitoring budget information, and reporting on financial issues.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Services or related fields.
• Preferred experience of 2-3 years within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
• Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong experience preparing reports.
• Strong industry knowledge.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
• Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
• Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Experience with institutional databases, public access sites, and primary research skills.
• Good reporting, technical, and statistical skills.
• Experience with budget management.
We are seeking a well-informed Policy Analyst to evaluate the existing policies that govern our organization. As a Policy Analyst, your duties will include reviewing existing policies, determining whether the policies are still in line with our goals, and suggesting improvements. You may also be required to consult external stakeholders.
To ensure success, a Policy Analyst should possess specialized knowledge and a firm grasp on the legal considerations related to policy development. Outstanding Policy Analysts provide direction and advice that ultimately contribute to positive changes within the organization.
• Applying specialist knowledge in evaluating existing policies.
• Determining if policies are aligned with stated goals and objectives.
• Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure inclusion of relevant factors.
• Identifying benefits, disadvantages, and omissions in existing policy frameworks.
• Ensuring that policies and policy amendments meet legal requirements.
• Reporting on findings and proposing new policies or amendments to existing policies.
• Drafting new policies or amendments to policies and submitting proposals for review.
• Editing and finalizing new policies or amendments as required.
• Documenting processes and disseminating information to stakeholders.
• A Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience in analyzing policies is an added advantage.
• Experience in determining if policies align with objectives.
• Exceptional ability to determine policy oversights and omissions.
• Advanced ability to recommend new policies or amendments and prepare draft versions.
• In-depth knowledge of legal considerations relevant to policies.
• Advanced knowledge of conventions and standards in policy writing.
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience in preparing reports and presenting findings.
Excellent recordkeeping and communication skills.
Under the direction of the Director of Policy and Advocacy, the Policy and Research Analyst conducts research, surveys and analyses; compiles and organizes data; and uses new and existing data sources to prepare, enter, arrange and display data in a meaningful and useful format for those who must use the data.
The Analyst will provide ongoing support for the logistical management of MDDG’s project-based work. This includes tracking project status, timelines, deliverables, project requirements; preparing for meetings, conference calls, and webinars; and supporting and coordinating internal and external partners.
The Analyst will also prepare policy studies, papers and other written communications on a variety of topics of importance to our organization and stakeholders. The Analyst provides general administrative support for the Director of Policy and Advocacy and the other members of the policy staff as necessary.
• Conducts background policy research and analysis to support existing projects as well as proposals for new bodies of work; synthesizes research findings to identify and recommend best practices.
• Extracts, collects and aggregates data across databases, information sources, survey responses, and other data sources; ensures data quality; cleans and checks exiting data for consistency and accuracy.
• Develops data visualizations for diverse audiences and develops, formats, and prepares reports, charts, and/or graphs for varying documents and written and oral presentations for both internal and external audiences; collaborates with teams to design and help integrate data into an MDDG-approved format.
• Conducts data standardization processes; proactively identifies and proposes alternatives to improve the stability, performance, and accuracy of the data.
• Assists in coordinating, administering, analyzing, and reporting on MDDG surveys.
• Assists with one-pagers and topic briefs to support the team’s work.
• Assists in efforts to improve internal information tracking systems and enhance the policy department’s collaborations and communications on integrated activities with other members of the staff.
• Communicates through social media about relevant data and policy issues pertinent to the department.
• Provides administrative support to team members when needed.
• Conducts background research and data support for team initiatives.
• Track project timeline, deliverables, and internal/external partners across multiple projects and teams, proactively communicating progress and potential challenges to supervisors and project teams.
• Support the execution of meetings, conference calls, and webinars by coordinating logistics, developing agenda, developing content, taking notes, and following up on resulting action items.
• Support and prepare senior staff for regular internal and external meetings and completion of deliverables; draft talking points and presentations for external audiences.
• Occasionally post social media on topics related to the broader policy department.
• Performs data queries, cleans data files, and formatting of data tables.
• Gathers and packages confidential content for the in-person bi-annual meeting.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences or related fields and minimum of two years’ experience working with quantitative data and analysis is a plus. Experience in non-profit and/or higher education preferred.
• Must be able to work independently and must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding matters of significance.
• Exceptional time management skills required and an ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner, without prompting, both independently and collaboratively; superior organization and prioritization skills and must be meticulous and detail oriented.
• Must be able to resolve difficult problems, use analytical judgement, and must be able to process a high volume of accurate, detailed, and quality work product with an unsurpassed attention to detail.
• Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively - thinking ahead. Good logic skills to read through minutes and summarize the conclusions and actions taken.
• Flexibility and ability to manage competing demands; must be able to manage a myriad of on-going tasks in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changes.
• Advanced writing and editing skills; varies writing style as needed.
• Must maintain a strict code of ethics in working with highly confidential data.
• Must be able to resolve difficult problems, use analytical judgement, and must be able to process a high volume of accurate, detailed, and quality work product.
• Creates and supports an environment which fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity.
• Intermediate writing and editing skills; varies writing style and voice as needed.
• Works with integrity and ethically; must follow MDDG's policies and procedures; is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve own work to ensure quality.
• Must have background in monitoring and creating social media.
• Intermediate level experience preparing data sets and data analysis and ability to read and interpret complex materials and perform data cleaning. Strong understanding of databases, analytical tools, and concepts.
• Must display an advanced level of skill in the Microsoft Office suite 2010 or later.
• Experience working with Office 365, SharePoint, association management systems, mass email systems, and website content management systems is preferred.
The Program Assistant will provide support to team members working on a project and often work within non-profit organizations. This individual will offer administrative support by processing paperwork and answering emails and phone calls. The Program Assistant may also perform research, create training documents and perform data entry tasks along with a myriad of other jobs as assigned by program leaders.
• Provide the front office and administrative staff with support (e.g. filing, emailing and data entry).
• Relay client concerns to the appropriate senior staff.
• Review and submit documents to the Programs Manager.
• Schedule and organize appointments with prospective stakeholders.
• Meet with stakeholders to discuss concerns or questions, and then relay those issues to the appropriate staff member.
• Maintain stakeholder files and add new information as it becomes available.
• Help stakeholders fill out paperwork and attend to correspondence.
• Update computer and hard copy file systems on a weekly basis.
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum 1 year of clerical experience is a plus.
• Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Polished written and verbal communication skills.
We are searching for an Editor who will coordinate writing content for our website and newspaper articles. The individual will work with other team members, including writers and project managers, to complete work on tight deadlines. The individual will not only help with things like line editing and revisions, but also help determine the type of content that our organization needs to produce.
• Will have knowledge of one or more style guides as well as the internal style guide that our organization uses.
• Help our organization develop the rules we should follow for creating content.
• Coach new writers and editors through the content creation process.
• Meet with other team members, including writers, senior editors, project managers and marketing directors, to create content.
• Review story or article ideas.
• Upload content to a management system
• Revise content.
Editors have a mix of technical and creative skills—that is, they need an understanding of both the technical side of writing and the ability to edit while preserving the author’s unique voice (or ensuring that every piece of content is consistent with your business’s style). The skills and qualifications we look for in an Editor include:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related fields.
• Mastery of whatever style guide our organization uses.
• Mastery of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Experience working with other team members to produce content.
• Experience that's relevant to the work you need created in terms of word count, tone and content (e.g., technical writing versus advertising copy).
We are searching for a Political and Parliamentary Researcher to provide our organization with the information we need to form, defend or oppose policies.
The individual will help gather information that goes into the policies and portfolios being worked on. Additionally, the Researcher will draft reports, policy briefings and notes for any of the departments of MDDG he/she is working with at a given time.
• Analyzing and interpreting data.
• Advising on policy issues.
• Keeping up to date with legislation, upcoming debates and bills; plus ministerial reports.
• Responding to enquiries from the public and other stakeholders.
• Writing newsletters and media releases.
• Keeping records.
• You'll need a good knowledge of how parliament works to get into this career. This could be through a degree in a subject such as politics, government, public/social administration, sociology, law, history or economics.
• Must be organized and have experience of carrying out, and reporting on, rigorous research.
• Knowledge and interest in politics and current affairs.
• IT skills.
• Numerical skills.
• Strong communication skills and confidence working with people from all backgrounds
• An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
The position leads and contributes to various projects across the organization and will take day-to-day leadership of the Association’s policy work. The position supervises project team members, interns, consultants, and temporary staff, as needed.
• Lead creation of original policy research reports, policy updates, and summaries of existing material to positively impact student affairs practice and support MDDG’s strategic priorities.
• Represent MDDG’s mission, public policy agenda, and programmatic objectives to external policy audiences.
• In consultation with MDDG members and staff, generate appropriate policy positions, outreach strategies, and member engagement initiatives to advance the strategic direction of the organization.
• Work with our members and staff to ensure relevant policy content is incorporated into professional development offerings, publications, and member engagement efforts.
• Contribute weekly or monthly blog-postings and opinion editorials containing policy analysis and/or commentary on a variety of higher education topics to our website, among other digital and print publications.
• Engage in effective project management, which includes responsibility for content development, management of timelines and activities, communication with project participants, management of day-to-day budget activities and project oversight.
• Lead and/or assist with the development, preparation, submission, and correspondence relating to grant proposals to corporate or foundation funders.
• Initiate—or execute upon request – the review of proposed legislation pertinent to MDDG staff and membership while discerning targeted impacts and recommending legislative and regulatory improvements, as appropriate.
• As a pre-emptive measure, the individual should seek to meet with staff in relevant parliamentarian Committees and governmental agencies to respond to – or discuss self-originated—policy proposals on topics of interest.
• Deliver presentations at regional and national higher education conferences when possible.
• Update MDDG Executive Team on policy activities and outcomes.
• Assist with the development of our press releases, editorials, blog-postings, and marketing materials.
• Provide MDDG leadership with staff support on speeches/presentations for public engagements, as needed.
• The ideal candidate will be a collaborative individual with moderate-to-significant leadership experience and remain poised and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and challenges associated with working in a dynamic and growing member organization.
• A Degree will ideally be required in Higher Education, Economics, Public Policy, Political Science or related field.
• Strong policy research skills with a track record of advocacy work, publications and demonstrated ability to write; significant evidence of presentations, publications, and analysis is preferred.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with postsecondary public policy at national level, key issues, national data sets, and other relevant sources of information on students and postsecondary institutions.
• Superior communication skills, with the ability to summarize information and connect with a variety of audiences.
• Clarity and persuasiveness in written and oral communications with a high comfort level using current electronic media.
• Significant knowledge of The Gambia’s policy environment.
• Experience or familiarity working with or at postsecondary institutions is desired.
• Well-honed strategic thinking skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to sensibilities of –and responsibilities/limitations that come with – membership association management.
We are looking for an eloquent, persuasive Proposal Writer to join our team of writers in creating proposals. The Proposal Writer's responsibilities include gathering information, formatting the information according to the company's policies, obtaining supervisor approval, and sending the proposal to the appropriate source.
To be successful as a Proposal Writer, you should be articulate, have excellent written communication skills, and be able to work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines. Ultimately, a top-notch Proposal Writer should be consistent, detail-oriented, and able to write in a factual, convincing manner.
• Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner.
• Conducting interviews.
• Reviewing products, services, and/or business ideas.
• Creating strategies for convincing others to take appropriate action.
• Attending meetings and identifying opportunities for proposal writing.
• Prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines.
• Editing and revising proposals according to feedback.
• Maintaining consistency in proposal writing by following company policies.
• Working with the design team to create graphics and visuals for projects.
• Giving presentations to the executive board.
• A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or related field.
• Previous experience in Proposal Writing may be advantageous.
• Strong working knowledge of word processing software.
• Excellent computer and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good strategic planning abilities.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Political Analyst to conduct research and analysis on current policies and political events, and to report on their findings. You should be able to use qualitative and quantitative research methods to develop political theories and forecast political, economic, and social trends.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about progress in the political sector and implement political change for the betterment of society. You will be a strong communicator, and have the ability to analyze, interpret, and report on data effectively, in an unbiased manner.
• Researching political systems, foreign relations, government laws and regulations, and political ideologies and evaluating the effects of these on political, social, and economic spheres.
• Collecting data from various sources, such as historical documents, public opinion surveys, and election results to develop and test political theories.
• Using statistical data to analyze and interpret research findings.
• Forecasting political, economic, and social trends.
• Formulating reports, presentations, and/or publishing articles on research findings for various stakeholders to review.
• Monitoring current political events (local and international), policy and legislation changes, and other issues relevant to their work.
• Staying up to date with local and international political trends and developments.
• Raising public awareness of political issues.
• Establishing contacts and sources for future research opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Political Analyst, or in a similar role within a political or government department.
• Portfolio of work, including published articles.
• Experience using statistical analysis software and qualitative/quantitative research tools.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Superlative written and verbal communication skills.
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.